This blog is a dedication and celebration of the beautiful gift of life God has blessed a once "barren" woman. A place to share my life experiences as a mother, wife, friend and child of God. A place to vent my struggles with infertility and trying to conceive. And a place to share the amazing things God is doing in my life everyday!
Saturday, August 17, 2013
Decisions... Decisions...
So, as I have mentioned before, I am a varsity volleyball coach at a private Christian school. I have be absolutely LOVING IT!!! The kids are so fantastic, the parents are supportive, and well, I am just having so much fun :)
Well, that got me thinking about my transfer. I thought to myself, if I transfer this October, and if everything worked out, I would be due in July. That means... There is no chance I could coach for the school next year.
Could I seriously handle watching someone else lead these girls who I have come to love? Could I watch them sabatage the team I built ( okay, I know, it's extreme lol) I thought to myself... I HAVE to postpone. I have to postpone my transfer to March so I can coach still. I will be in my third trimester, sure, but I could d it!!!
I thought about it and thought about it....
Then I figured out something...
I LOVE coaching... But I LOVE being a mom even more. I just cannot express it. I love being a mom SO much that it hurts to put my scheduled transfer aside. I love being a mom SO much that I just couldn't imagine gong back for these babies as soon as possible.
Looking at my kids right now, every sacrifice is worth it. Every one! And all I can think about is, I want more! They are all so sweet, and fun, challenging, silly and amazing..... I can't imagine anything being more important.
I love coaching. I love these girls... But I love my kids even more. I have fun with them. Who knows maybe I can volunteer, help train the next coach? I don't know. but then again, maybe the transfer won't be successful. Maybe we will loose that baby, and I will have the opportunity to coach agai... But will just be a consolation prize. Nothing would be as great as the prize... The blessing of being a mom again.
God, you know my heart, and all my desires. I trust it all to you...
Only time will tell. But I did learn something about myself today. Nothing in my life compares to being a mom. Not even the most enjoyable occupation. The only things I love more are GOD and my husband.
I hope that this transfer is successful. I cannot wait to meet you little one. You will be loved no matter what! Be it by ME or, your Heavenly Father :) .... Hopefully both, here on earth, with me! Very soon!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
melissa, i think your heart is in the right place and you realize the priorities in your life. good for you for thinking it all out and coming to a decision you can live with.
ReplyDeleteTerre
Zoomama Speaks
It took so much thought. I went back and forth a million times... It just never sat right postponing it. I am ready RIGHT NOW to be pregnant again. I couldn't possibly wait until march... Even if it meant securing my job...
Deleteyou will never ever regret your decision to have your sweet baby!! there is no way you will birth that baby in july (or whenever) & think, wow, I wish I was not having this baby right now :). putting your family first will NEVER fail you!! already praying you get to meet this one here on Earth.
ReplyDeleteThat is so true :) thank you for the prayers!!! ( sorry for the late response btw) in my head, I had already responded lol
Delete