My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ronan's appt with his specialist

First of all, I apologize for the lack of blogging lately. I have been using my spare time to spring clean. My house was really taking a beating and felt the need to do some deep cleaning. I feel SO much better having done that :)

I have been enjoying some beautiful Oregon weather lately. Ronan, myself and Hazel (our puppy) have been taking daily walks. Ronan has started actually paying attention and looking around during the walks. He especially enjoys watching Hazel chase after her ball. All the pics I took were on my phone, I will have to upload them.

Ronan also has been grabing and shaking his toys around! Bringing them up to his mouth and licking and slobering all over them :)

But back to the main reason for the post. His appointment. I really liked the specialist. Very informative. He was encouraged to see how healthy Ronan looked, and was sure that atleast his left side would correct it'self. The right side may need surgery, but we won't know that for awhile. He said that it is so rare for a circumsized infant to get a uti like he did. He would've bet his life (if Ronan had been his patient) that if he were circumsized he would have NO problem with UTI's and Ronan would have proved him wrong. Most likely it's a genetic thing, so the odds of the rest of our children having this reflux stuff is 40% likely. It's something we will be able to look for though, even in my 20 week ultrasound when I get pregnant with my next.
I think the Lord may have spared me learning through an u/s though. I am pretty sure that if they told me something looked "off" with his kidneys I would've freaked out. Now I will know that if it's funky it's due to the reflux.

In July he will have another u/s to check the kidneys. Hopefully all will look beautiful. We were also given the go ahead to decrease his dosing of the antibiotics a little, so that was encouraging. He also thought highly of me using the probiotics! So all in all it was good. Just pray that it resolves itself and he won't need the surgery.

In a week Ronan will be taking his first plane ride to Nevada! We are going to visit his grandparents. Then in a month he will be taking a second trip all the way to Texas for his uncle's wedding :) In which I will be singing- I really need to rehearse some more.

Speaking of the wedding, I still need to find a dress. I have shed some more pounds and am really starting to tone up! WOO HOO!!

EASTER IS THIS SUNDAY!!! Praise God for his son Jesus, my hero!! Thanks to him I have been forgiven and will join him in Heaven when God calls me home. I am so thankful he was willing to go through such heart ache, and physical pain for me... for us. I pray that all my dear friends, and readers out there know the love God has for you, and are able to rejoice in such an amazing gift. And if you haven't know the love of God yet, I pray you would find it in Jesus!!!! It is..... amazing.

I am also getting back into the women's Bible study at church. I finally feel ready with Ronan, I think he will be fine. Hopefully he will be a good boy and not be too noisey.

Okay, this is long. Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meilssa! I am really encouraged by your blog. I just found it via facebook a few days ago and am loving the opportunity to read about your life, your son, your marriage, and your relationship with Jesus. Thank you for being so open, so honest, so real. Anyway, glad I can keep up with your life (and get to know you all over again) through this blog!

    ReplyDelete