This blog is a dedication and celebration of the beautiful gift of life God has blessed a once "barren" woman. A place to share my life experiences as a mother, wife, friend and child of God. A place to vent my struggles with infertility and trying to conceive. And a place to share the amazing things God is doing in my life everyday!
Thursday, June 21, 2012
What they don't tell you...
About the 24 hour urine test.
You may top off your jug for collecting urine IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! Oh, and not only that, but now you have to humbly ask your tired sleepy husband to go down stairs and find you something new to pee in.
I love my husband, and he got up with no hesitation, and found something for me... But seriously? How humiliating.
My body is so sore. So sore that I don't sleep. Therefore I get horrid head aches. My legs and ankles are very swollen, it hurts to walk. My hands feel so tight that it hurts to use them.
My tummy is SO BIG that I literally have to roll anywhere. No core strength what so ever. My ribs feel like they might bust any minute. Varicose veins haunt my legs and... Ahem, lady parts. When I bend over, my belly button feels like it might rip.
I am a serious mess.
I am not saying all this to whine and complain. I am saying this to try and paint a picture of how humbling this whole pregnancy thing is. I am use to being self sufficient. I like to keep my appearance looking nice. I like to stay busy. And while Brian has had to do a lot of weird things for me, and has seen me do just about every thing a girl does in private ( and vice versa- we aren't private people) it is still embarrassing to have to ask him to find you a new pee jug, TWICE, and transfer your pee for you because your hands are so swollen you can't work the lid or control the transfer :/
4 more days. 4 more days until I reach my goal. Lord willing these babies will be as ready as I am, and will come.
I return the sample today, give more blood, then tomorrow I have another impromptu appointment with the on call doctor at the hospital to go over lab work and "discuss"
So in the mean time, I would appreciate some good prayers. Mostly, always for the boys and their health. I can handle the pain, and the discomforts ( although it would be nice not to develop pre-E...
And if any of you ladies are single out there.... Make this a lesson. Marry a good guy. No, a great one. Like my Brian. The kind who will carry your pee around for you, without hesitation, or even a hint of demoralizing you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
having twins is THE BEST but no one can understand how hard the end of a twin pregnancy really is until you've lived it. it is the hardest thing i have ever done but i look back on it & am SO proud of my body!! God has brought you this far & will not abandon you now!! praying for baby boys to come meet their mama!!
ReplyDelete