My pastor has been giving sermons about manhood vs womanhood. I am not going to go into full detail here, but the sermons have been so moving to me and are helping me shift my focus.
Lately I have been experiencing a misplaced guilt. My whole life I have dreamed about being a wife and at home mom. It's always been my passion, my dream. Of course I have other interests too, aspirations, desires, but none more important than the task of raising children to know and love the Lord. Build up a husband, experience true, self less love, and grow old with my family.
But the world tugs at my heart sometimes. It tells me that as a stay at home mom i an ignorant, that I am lazy, uninformed, uneducated, a shut in, with no social life. The world looks at me with pity, or embarrassment. As if I am wasting my life. And sometimes I believe it. I grow anxious about finding a job, going back to school to prove my intelligence, or to prove that I am still a fun, social woman. I worry I am " losing myself", when I should really be embracing my role.
I don't care what the world says. I AM intelligent!! I have to be a nurse to my children, a preschool teacher, an entertainer lol, and don't even get me started on all my knowledge of reproduction and early pregnancy haha. I am a cook, a maid, I do finances, plan creative date nights, I am an artist, musician, I am available to my neighbors... I am a wife and mom. I am a servant to God. I can't think of anything else much more important. I am finding the beauty, importance and joy in my role!
I am also getting excited about the influence I have over my growing boys. I am the only woman in their life, day on and day out. I have such a beautiful role in how they will grow up and form opinions about women and how they should be treated. These boys are so blessed to have Brian and I, and we are so blessed to have them. I am so excited for our future, and I am enjoying our present. I hope you all are too. And if you are prone to hearing the enemies lies, I pray that you will be able to shut him out!!
No matter what your circumstances are ( I understand that there are women who love to work, and some that wish they could be home, but cannot afford it) this is not to say that you are wrong, in fact, only Satan wants you to feel that way, or experience guilt. Every family is different, and that is okay!!
The enemy would just love to find your week spot and cause you to experience guilt and anxiety. As women, we need to just shut him up and enjoy our roles as women!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment