My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2014

Natural remedies

Since I have started the following supplements my cycles have been wonderfully regular! Before, they were horribly irregular and often need to be induced by progesterone to have a bleed.

Disclaimer, I am in no way a health professional. Just a smart young woman who has spent many years studying, researching, and consulting health professionals ;)
Always consult with a doctor.

So, because people have asked (in particular- an awesome girl that I met at the park today- you know who you are ;) hehe)
this is what I am currently taking to naturally regulate my cycle.

I start with lemon water (served at room temperature)
I take MACA 2x's a day (this alone restored my cycle)
Also, CoQ10 (has been said it could possibly help with egg quality)
And Royal Jelly (also to help with egg quality)
Prenatals
I eat lots of leafy greens, kale etc...
exercise regularly
And drink lots of water.
Peppermint tea is also known reduce androgens, which are often elevated in women with PCOS or other hormonal disorders.
I use coconut oil as a personal lubricant. Pressed was getting too pricey.
I get my OPK's online at Amazon. The Wondfo brand.

Because my PCOS is not caused by insulin resistance I do not need to take metformin.


I don't know if these will ever bring me a miracle baby, but it's worth a shot. If anything else it's just nice having a regular cycle. Going months without one is not healthy for your endometrium and can contribute to uterine cancer.

Hope that helps, especially those who are medical breaks and waiting to save up to try again. Waiting is hard.
Atleast this is something to do while you wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment