My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

9 years...

Wow... I cannot believe I have been married to "the grey shirted boy" for nine years now ( if you don't know the story behind that name, it will have to wait for another day haha- if you DO know it, then you understand how amazing it is that God ever led us to be together )

We have been through so many ups, downs, trials, blessings. Married at the ripe old ages of 19 and 21 :) I wouldn't change a thing. He has helped me grow, challenged me, spiritually nourished me. He continues to love me unconditionally, provide for me... He is the best man I know.

So, for our anniversary present, 9 years is traditionally, woven/whicker or pottery etc... I went with whicker.
I went to Salvation Army not quite sure what I was looking for, but it enjoy painting on unique surfaces. I found a huge orange place mat. Like bright orange. I wish I took a pic of the front. I did take a picture of the back which will give you an idea.
But I brought it home last night and took a few hours to myself and painted a picture for him.
I rarely ever show any of my artwork, but Brian really loved it, and that pleased my heart so I wanted to share.
I got the initial idea of the painting from Pinterest, and added a few of my own personal touches.
I love how it turned out :)

I have a few other tricks up my sleeve for our actual anniversary date, so that will be fun. On Saturday we will go hiking, then out to eat,an d probably a movie. I can't wait to have some alone time with him! All day!!!

Brian recently started coaching baseball at the same high school I coach volleyball. It's fun watching him in this role... Not to mention he looks super hot in his baseball stuff!!!! Lol.

Happy anniversary to us!!!! Thank you Lord for this man you have given me! May we have many more years to come!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment