After dinner last night Brian and I heard a loud crash and then an ever louder sound after. I can't even explain it. We looked out in our backyard, which is fenced, and on the other side is a fairly busy street with power lines, fire hydrants and gas lines. We first thought it was a fire hydrant, but there was no water, then maybe a transformer- maybe it blew? But there were no sparks. Then my husband saw it. A car had run into our neighbor's house and in the process totally obliterated the natural gas line and valve. The loud sound was natural gas coming out. It was deafening. Brian closed his eyes and smelled. Then the look on his face scared me. He told me to grab Ronan and get out, NOW! So i did. I grabbed Ronan who was playing on the floor, and rushed my little doggy out the door and piled them all in. Brian had to run back in for the car seat, but that was it. We had no phones, no diaper bag, I was in my jammies no make up, wet hair, lol. And we just drove. Brian stopped to tell all the curious neighbors what was going on and to get to safety. We even left our front door open. It was all being blocked off my ambulances and fire trucks minutes later though. We were gone even before the fire fighters came to bang on our door! That's my hubby for ya though :) My hero.
We hung out with my mom and dad until we were informed it was safe to go back home.
So that was yesterday :)
Texas was so fun. I loved it! The wedding was beautiful. I got a lot of compliments on my singing and my hair. Everyone there was SO nice! Ronan handled it all like a champ. Slept and played on the flights and was such a trooper when meeting all the new faces and being snuggled by strangers. Boy was he tired at the end of the day though. He was SUCH a cute ring bearer. We are still waiting on all the professional pics, but I have a few from friends that I can share for you now.



No comments:
Post a Comment