I am BACK from my Appointment.... I was definitely not expecting that... Neither was my doctor. I had about 15 follicles averaging 8-9 mm on each ovary- so about 30 follicles total! I know that is how many i reported to having available last check up- but we didn't think that with the TINY amount of medicine they were giving me that ALL of them would start to grow!
He said that if he wanted to, he could probably retrieve 50 eggs. He is hoping that they can get a good 20- 30 follicles that are a good size... I am however at a risk for OHSS so they are watching me CLOSE. I am drinking tons of fluid and gatorade. I just cannot believe it. I am only on one vial of menopur and 100 iu of follistim... crazy. I will get the estrodiol back any minute- just waiting. Then I will find out if they will adjust my meds.
He also said that this means my stimming will probably be much shorter- yikes. I am totally just processing all this. My biggest fear is over stimming and having to freeze it all and wait MORE...
Please pray that they continue to grow over time at a steady rate and that I dont hyper stim. My RE seemed very pleased and blown away with my response, so for now I am rejoicing!!!
Here are some pics of my follistim injection. It's a really cool pen looking thing. Looks alot scarier than it feels. The menopur is the WORST! Burns going in. It will all be worth it though!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment