So I've started a blog... Mostly because I love to write and when i say "write" i really mean, journal. It helps me to organize my thoughts. But this blog is going to be mainly focused around our efforts to start a family and all the obsticles we get tangled in on the way. While i hate the word "Infertility"... that is the word our world uses to define when a woman is unable to conceive with in one year of unprotected sex. It feels like lable... a scarlet letter stitched on your chest, but I think it's important to be open about my struggles and feelings, so that we don't feel alone, because "infertility" is a very lonely dark road to travel and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The only pain I have ever known to be deeper would be the loss of my child... but I'll get to that later...
Since I'm putting myself out there and allowing you into my life please remember to be gentle with your words. I have had countless things said to me that have caused deep pain, and on their behalf, they didn't know what they said was hurtful... so for the record I will give you an example of things you just DON'T say to a woman struggling with "infertility"...
"You should adopt and then you'd get pregnant."
"This must be the will of God for your life."
"You're trying too hard, it should just happen."
"Stress is causing it"
"You just need to *relax* and you'll get pregnant."
“Go on vacation and you’ll get pregnant.”
"I'd give you mine if I could"
"You are so lucky not to have kids right now, because you can just do whatever you want whenever you want"
"There Are Worse Things That Could Happen"
"If it's meant to be it'll happen."
"You should just get drunk and have sex"
this could go on forever....
Sometimes the best comfort is no words at all... because trust me, if it has been written, published, or googled, I have heard it, and probably tried it lol.
While i try not to use abbrieviation too often they slip out, especially around those who have no clue what any of them mean, here is a short list of the ones I use most often...
TTC- trying to conceive
M/C- miscarraige
D/C- surgery to remove dead baby
HSG- diagnostic procedure to determine the state of a woman's uterus and tubes
U/S- Ultrasound
Follies- follicles
HCG- pregnancy hormone
AF- period
BD- baby dancing :)
DH- Dear husband
IUI- intra uterine insemination
O- ovulate
RE- fertility specialist
DPO- days past ovulation
that should be enough for now. So let me take you on a tour of my life. Let me share with you the pain of my trials and the joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment