Here is my story thus far, I went off birthcontrol in febuary 2006. It took me 5 cycles to realize I wasn't getting a regular menstral cycle anytime soon. So i made an appt. with my ob/gyn. He ran all the basic tests, everything came back normal except my progesterone level. This would be an indication that I was not ovulating... and it's pretty hard to get pregnant if you aren't even popping out an egg!! I began treatment almost immediatly. 5 rounds of clomid, 3 out of the 5 my progesterone indicated i ovulated... still no baby. I switched to a different ovulation induction therapy... Tamoxifen, side effects weren't as bad and i ovulated both cycles I was on it... still no baby. Brian was tested and came back great... Finally decided to do an HSG to check on my uterus and tubes. A+ perfect, passed with flying colors, next it was onto a laporoscopy to rule out endometriosis... Normal!
I stayed off medication for the following cycle. My body needed a break from meds. I actually started a period on my own, and decided to go another cycle with no meds. When my period didn't show up the next cycle, i was so upset that i was going to need medication to start my period again... but God had something else in mind. Little Adriel. WOW was I suprised! I don't think I have ever been happier. I couldn't take my hand off my belly. I was a mom, finally!!! I had a child!!! God is GOOD!!!
I had an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks. Adriel's heart was weak. only 52 bpm. I was terrified. I prayed harder the next two weeks than i ever did in my life. I had a second ultrasound, and to my astonishment Adriel was growing and had a heart beat of 160 bpm!!! The doctor said it looked like a healthy baby! a big sigh of relief. I had my 11 week ultrasound, I was so excited to hear the heart beat again, but this time there was none... My face was drained of all color and
nausea overtook me. within the next couple of days they performed a D&C and took my baby away. Although I know little Adriel is in heaven now hoggin' Jesus' lap until I get up there to hold him, the pain of living without him is suffocating. I know for some this is difficult to understand, but it trully is a loss.
The healing process was unbearable, every night i relived this horrible event and woke up in a sweat. I don't think i need to explain how horrible it was, and still is. My baby was gone. My hopes and dreams for that child died as well, and my arms were empty.
I finally started my period January 1st 2008 clean slate. I was sure that I would be pregnant again in no time! 5 perfect cycles came and went... still no baby. I was slowly loosing patience... it was time to see an expert. We made an appt to see an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) He ran some tests, did an ultrasound and discovered right away that I have a condition called PCOS. It was hard to diagnose because I really only have 3 of the symptoms, and the most common ones are obeisity (certainly not) excess hair (nope!) insulin resistance.. and so on.
The treatment is simple, but can take time. They say that women with PCOS will most likely have children if they want them... it just takes longer.
I went back on clomid, a stronger dose. They did an ultrasound and saw that it was working, my ovaries were developing eggs as they should. They recommended an IUI artificial insemination due to the poor side effects the clomid causes with cervical mucas. We followed this proticol for 3 cycles. Each cycle i ovulated, each cycle was timed well.... still no baby...
Which brings us to now... Where will I go from here?
No comments:
Post a Comment