My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

He is HOME!!!!






Praise the Lord, my miracle has come home with me!!! Ronan Edward Holman was born December 10th at 8:37 pm after about 20 hours of painful contractions. It started around midnight, Wednesday night... the night before my induction! I had a strange feeling about it, so I took a nice long shower and hoped to get some sleep before the inevitable happened. No such luck. The contractions were too painful and about 8 minutes apart. There wasn't enough time to fall asleep inbetween! We decided to go in and get checked out.
We were like the 10th pregnant couple to arrive, apparently it was a busy day at the labor and delivery! They assesed me, and I was only 1 1/2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Normally they probably would have sent me home, but thankfully my wonderful DR was on call and since I was scheduled for an induction 24 hours from then, he figured they would work along side my contractions with the pitocin if things didn't progress on their own. I was SO thankful because it was NOT very comfortable haha. I got my own room eventually and the most WONDERFUL nurse! Everything was just perfect, even the pain. I knew my sweet heart would be coming soon! Unfortunatly my contractions began to get further and further apart and I wasn't making any cervical progression, so they added the pitocin. oh BOY! it wasn't bad at first. Just slightly more regular. They eventually got some strong and were somewhat irregular I was having a really hard time dealing with it. They gave me a narcotic, which was nice at first, but really only made me sleepy and loopy and did NOT help with the pain. After a few more hours my epidural came, THANK GOODNESS!!!! I think I got my epidural around 4:30pm. They then upped my pitocin, hoping to get some regular contractions to change my cervix... two hours later, around 6:00 pm my dr comes in to check on me... "you are probably in for a loooong night he said, probably a midnight delivery, but let's check you first" so he checks me... and YAY some progress! I was now 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced, "WOW" he said, "let's break your water" I was SO happy at that point! I felt nothing when he apparently broke my water, and then it was back to waiting... I was getting excited because if nothing else, Survivor was about to come one, and then a new episode of the Office lol... So it's about 10 minutes to Survivor 7:50 pm and I am starting to feel a lot of pressure in my cathedar. I tell the nurse and she says she will check me in about 10 minutes... 15 minutes later I am getting antsy. Brian is asleep on the couch and I am having my mom take peaks because it feel weird hahah. The nurse finally comes in, checks me and much to our suprise I was COMPLETE! "you can start pushing any time now"...... wait... WHAT??? I woke up Brian and the Dr. came in... Survivor started and I pushed on the commercial breaks.. No i am kidding ofcourse haha. But it was the strangest thing! It wasn't painful at ALL because of the epidural, but I could feel when I was supposed to push. They had a mirror up for me which was AWESOME. I could see his head starting to emerge. LOTS of dark hair!!!
After a little under 30 minutes of pushing Ronan was out! They handed him directly to me, and after that everything became a blur. Everything was about Ronan now, I didn't care that I was being stitched from vagina to rectum due to a 3rd degree tear. My eyes couldn't leave my son... He was so beautiful. I held him for a good 30 minutes while they stitched me. I cannot explain the feeling. It was just so right, and calm and wonderful. It all happened so fast i just couldn't believe he was finally in my arms... safe.

We were discharged around 11:00 AM saturday and have been enjoying some peace and quiet around the house.
tomorrow is his first appt with the pediatrition, and I have a post pardum check up. We will also attempt to get our first family pic soon by the Christmas tree so that we can send them out as Christmas cards/ announcements.

ALSO I think my milk is coming in already! My boobs are AMAZING!!!!!! hahah it is deffinatly taking some adjusting around the house, but things are slowly falling into place. Praise the Lord!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the arrival of your sweet Ronan, Melissa! :) He is beautiful and perfect in every way... hope you are enjoying this sweet time settling into life as a new little family of three! What a beautiful Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Congrats & welcome to the world Ronan! I can't wait to follow your family through this journey of parenthood!

    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S Just heard the Barbra Streisand Christmas song "The Best Gift" and teared up a little... thought of you! If you've never heard it, go look it up now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's gorgeous, Melissa!!! And you are absolutely glowing in the 2nd pic of you & him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a Beautiful Baby Boy! Congrats and great job!

    ReplyDelete