My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

NO MORE ANTIBIOTICS!!

Ronan had another ultrasound today. His specialist said that his kidneys were growing perfectly and even though they thought he had significant scarring on the right kidney (that had grade 4 reflux) it appears to be perfectly healthy now!!! The specialist told us that about 50% of urologists would recommend continuing the meds, while the other 50% (his side) would suggest stopping it, and then keeping a close eye on them. I am definitely in favor of getting him off the daily antibiotics and I feel very confident that I can read my son and take his temperature daily to detect an early infection, just like I did when he was only 5 weeks old.
I am so happy about this!!! We aren't out of the woods completely YET though. Even *IF* the infections stay away for the next year it doesn't mean it is gone. They say he has about a 30-50% chance of him growing out of it completely by his 2nd birthday. So we will have an xray done to see for sure. They will have to mildly sedate him :( but if that is all good we are DONE with it :) if not, then we will see how bad it is, and if surgery is recommended.
Anyway, that is my fantastic update!!! Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment