I seriously cannot believe I triggered on CD10! WOW! The u/s went well. My lining was 11.5 and my follicles on the left ovary went from 13, 11, and 10 to 19.5, 16 and 12. Which leaves me with 2 good solid follies :)
On the right I had about five 12 mm's but my doctor didn't seem too concerned. I got the go ahead to trigger that night. I am not even going to go into full detail about the nightmare to get my ovidrel, I will just say that it involved me driving back and forth from Portland many times. The shipping got all messed up and yeah... it was just a nightmare. The important part is that we GOT the medicine and I injected it at 8:00pm! It was a little weird though, you see we were at a marriage conference at our church, Ronan is having his first sleep over at Grandma's. And so during the conference I had to sneak out to the bathroom and give myself the injection lol. Really weird, but strangely fun haha. I took it a little earlier than last time. They say to take it sometime between 8-10pm. I felt like I ovulated a little bit after the iui, which I am sure was just fine, but I began to worry that with Brian's super swimmers that if they were placed in my uterus before the eggs was there, that they would just swim right on out of my tubes and into the uterine cavity- which is what can happen... So I figure, the egg is good for 24 hours I took it RIGHT at 8, where as before I took it around 9:30pm. It probably makes no difference, but I like to feel like I have some control lol.
Anyway that is all for now :) We go back for our second day at the marriage conference tomorrow, I am super excited, then my parents are bringing my boy back home :) I miss him so much already!!!
WOW... that is AWESOME - triggering on CD 10. I know what you mean about having to sneak out to take a shot. I had to do that with my injectable shot during choir practice once. LOL
ReplyDeleteHope the conference is going well! <3
Woo Hoo- exciting!!
ReplyDeleteI ovulated the DAY AFTER my IUI with Alex. And she's here! I'm sure your DH's swimmers will be happy to "hang out" ;)
ReplyDeleteDid you have your IUI 36 hours after your trigger?? It is rare that you would ovulate any later than 40 hours after the trigger shot! It explains why you had a girl! usually if you ovulate around the same time you have intercourse/ iui- the boy sperm are faster and often get to the egg first. The girl sperm are slower, but stronger. So if you o'd later, the boy sperm are all tired out and the girl ones swarm the egg :)
ReplyDelete