Since CD 6 I have noticed an increase in EWCM and fullness in the abdominal area, specifically the right side. I was nervous that the cyst was still there. When arriving at the doctor's office I told the on call DR. of my concerns before she began and she thought it was maybe the cyst hanging around. She was wrong.
My right ovary had four follicles above 13.
15, 14.5, 14, and a 13. Along with those were fourteen 12's and 11's. My RE (DR. B- who is currently on VACA) never worries about the 12's and 11's. They are kind of just a signiture of my PCOS and never release at the time of trigger. However, try explaining that to a DR. who doesn't know your body and is worried that EACH 12 contains a follicle that is going to possibly fertilize. I understand their responsibility to be safe and careful. I am thankful for that. I just wish my doctor had been there today. They told me that they could do another follicle aspiration, they do them all the time and there is only minimal risk. They told me I am also having an IDEAL cycle for IVF and they could easily convert into IVF for me. The option was also to trigger tonight. I just wasn't sure about triggering when they are so small still. Their hope was that only a few would mature and the others die off. My fear is that they all would and it would be a big fat bust.
As for IVF, had DR. B been here... I think I would have seriously considered it. People pay thousands to get the results that I got from my 200 dollar meds, and our insurance covers most of the rest, besides their management fees. I just do not feel prepared to take this step without DR. B. I trust him.
They called me a little bit ago with my estrodiol numbers... CD 9: 952. To give you a little comparison, my last two cycles on CD 9 they were around 400. The cycle I got pg with Ronan on cd 9 they were around 70.
They talked to me about follicle reduction again... To be honest I just don't know how I feel about it. Actually I do. I am not comfortable doing that again. I know they are just follicles. They aren't babies. But I guess I just feel like, in doing the reduction I am eliminating the follicles that could potentially be the one that the Lord ordained to be my next child. Maybe I am stupid for feeling this way, but it's my gut.
If they refuse to do my IUI with the amount of follicles present- with the exception of a follicle reduction, we will pass on the IUI.
We will trigger and try on our own and just try at home...
***************UPDATE************************
Dr's office just called. She asked again if we would do the reduction. We said no, and i explained why. She was totally understanding :) I was waiting for her to tell me that we would in turn have to cancel the iui... she told me to trigger tonight and we would have an IUI wednesday! I love my RE office :)
We will see what God has in store for this whacky cycle soon enough, as for now I am prepared to possibly move on to IVF, i just want to do it with MY RE.
Thank you in advance to anyone who sends a prayer for us tonight :) I am grateful to all my followers who are supportive!
Ahhh! You have me on pins and needles! This is definitely a wacky cycle-but maybe that's a GREAT sign!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda! It really is weird- but at the same time, I have peace about it. I was really praying for wisdom today. Wisdom to make the right choice. It felt like we had 4 different options and we had to make a very big decision by 8:00 tonight. God really does give us wisdom and peace when we ask for it!
ReplyDeletePraying for God to give you discernment in this decision!
ReplyDelete