My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ronan's new sand box

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter, celebrating the most crucial part of the Christian faith!! Christ's resurrection! Here is a picture of Ronan with his Grammy (my mom)
Photobucket

Brian and I have been renovating the backyard to make it a little more... Ronan Friendly :) when we moved in, it was beautiful, but mostly beautiful to LOOK at. Ronan would get little scratches from the rose bushes, and there wasn't much grass for him to play in.
Here are a couple of pictures of it last summer

Photobucket

Photobucket

We dug up all the gravel pathways and are going to be laying sod/ grass over it ALLLL!!! That won't happen until this weekend though. SO for now my back yard looks like a big dirt pile :)
Photobucket


OH except for the fabulous sandbox

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It really turned out fabulous! I love it, and more importantly so does RONAN!
My sister, her husband and her son, Gideon (who is only 9 months younger than Ronan) will be moving 4 MINUTES from our house is only 16 days! So it will be getting a lot of use in the summer :)

On another note- I messaged one of the Embryologists that used to work for ORM, she now is an Embryologist in Australia. We are friends on FB and I was asking her what she thought about possibly switching from IUI to IVF- asking her opinion and she had some really encouraging thigs to say:

"you are better off doing IVF in terms of a money worth investment at this point, an IUI would eventually work but you have to ask yourself which one? The 4th or the 10th and how far will you go before youve spent as much as an IVF cycle would cost?
Because of your age you've got an EXTREMELY good chance of becoming pregnant, I would say about 80% with ivf."

"your success would be better with 2 embryos transferred but you'd have a 50/50% chance of a twin and so with an 80% preg rate that would be quite high. Some people want to do 2 to get the best chance (most people) but there's A LOT of twins with IVF especially with your age."

"There's not too much you can do at home, the good news is that you've been pregnant and you are so young... both things are extremely good indicators of success.. because your fertility issue is hormonal it's just a matter of getting the right balance and reducing those hormones we don;t want and giving you the ones we do want.
PCO is good in a way becasue you have a great response to the stim meds and just need a low dose, sometimes the embryos quality is a bit lower with PCO and so that's why I think you should fertilize 6 eggs and not just 2, then freeze the rest of your mature eggs to be used as needed"

She was really sweet answering all my questions and telling me I could write to her ANY time. I feel so blessed for the people God has brought along side us :)

1 comment:

  1. Ronan's so precious! Sounds like you have a great bank of knowledge in that embryologist. Nice to know that something good may come out of pcos, in terms of response to meds, etc. etc. You'll get there-I KNOW it!

    ReplyDelete