My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And so it begins...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. i love the pic of you smiling with a needle in your hand! ha! something that only another "infertile" could appreciate :). that story of your meds being paid for--what a HUGE blessing!! seeing how God has provided for you so completely this IVF cycle makes me think He has to have awesome things in store for you guys!! i promise to be praying like crazy for you & all of your new little lives yet to be created :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoaaaa! I had NO IDEA that there were that many meds involved in IVF. I kind of thought it would be similar to an injectable cycle :/ But YAYYYYYYY for starting! I agree with Meg: with that blessing you received in the form of your meds being paid for, I think God has very awesome things planned for this cycle!

    I can't wait to see it all play out. I'm living vicariously through you until I can start treatments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually IS very similar to an injectable cycle- however the other meds are more preventative. For example, both Brian and I are taking antibiotics to make sure we are both infection free when it comes time to transfer- especially because of after the retrieval since it's a minor procedure.
    The lupron to keep the LH down throughout the whole process so you don't ovulate early.

    I also take a low dose steroid/ it lowers the testosterone in your body and is thought to have a good effect on egg quality.

    The other things are baby asprin (to help blood flow) prenatals, and the estrogen and progesterone to help maintain the pregnancy.

    So those are all the *different* things vs the injectable cycle, where it's basically just the injections, trigger, iui and progesterone.

    But yeah, we were so blown away by the meds being covered. I really am excited to see what God has in store for our little family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg- you are so right! LOL only an infertile would really understand the excitement of a needle :)

    ReplyDelete