I talked with God yesterday before my appointment... "today is a big appointment, God. If the medicine has done it's job, and all my hormones check out, we will be given the 'go ahead' and our money will be due... Lord, please allow it to go well, but Lord if it isn't your will, once again, PLEASE make it clear. Make there be a cyst, an abnormal hormone response... something... Amen"
WELL, I get to my appointment, and it all went more than perfect. They started by weighing me. I had a goal in mind. A healthy weight for my height is 140 lbs. I wanted to be 135 for IVF. I have been working my buns off and it turned out they wanted to weigh be and take all my vitals for a base line. They weighed me, and with my jeans, sweater dress and everything I was 134! WAHOOO.
Next, the ultrasound. Immediately I could see the lining was thin, that was good too. Then they moved to my ovaries- NO CYSTS. He counted all the tiny antral follicles, which basically tell him how many I have available to grow with the stimulation medication. I had 15+ on my left ovary and 16 + on the right. So over 30 eggs available... WOW.
THEN he told me the best news... He wanted me to start the meds EARLY!!! SO i got to start my meds today! I have taken the Menopur this morning, then I take the follistim tonight.
We discussed that my dose is pretty conservative because of my age and all my eggs... we might have to increase it on Monday. We just really don't want me to OVER stim.
So there we have it!! I am officially DOING THIS!!! Lord, I give you complete control over my body. I ask that you would guide the doctor's hands and minds. I pray that Your WILL be done, and that this would ultimately show YOUR glory. Please allow this to go smooth and allow us a safe pregnancy and delivery. I thank you so much for this opportunity. Help me to stay relaxed and to enjoy this process. You are so good, and I trust you. I love you Lord. In your name, Amen.
OMG...You're stimming???!!!! So does that mean your transfer may be earlier than the two weeks, two days that your tracker shows?
ReplyDeleteYes!!!!! I am stimming!!! Day 4 and i am on my way to an ultrasound check up!!!! I am not sure when the trandfer will be yet... probably sometime between the 5 th and the 8 th!!!!
ReplyDelete