My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Been there done that?

My doctor's office has recently been in touch with me now that our cycle is quickly approaching. Everything seemed was very predictable, and expected...

Blood work
HSG
Annual/ pap
Order meds....

"Wait a minute.... I see that you have on here progesterone and estrogen delivered via injection, and not just any injection.... *gulp* INTRAMUSCULAR INJECTION!!!!! This has been the only thing BY FAR that I have been terrified of!!!!! I thought could get around it, like I always have this far. Before, all I needed her suppositories, or pills..... Nope. On a frozen cycle they have to simulate everything. I am not actually producing any follicles. Everything is synthetic. Therefore, they need the best and strongest meds to convince your body you DID ovulate and create a healthy and inviting atmosphere for your baby....

Can't really argue with that. Ofcourse I want what is best for my little embryo.... But yeah, I am scared lol. This will be the first time BRIAN will have to give me an injection. There is no way I could stick something that large in my... *ahem*.... Rear ;)

So.... Let the chaos begin!!! I took my last b/c pill tonight. Cycle should start soon. I call on day 1, they tell me to start BCP again on day 3 of my cycle.

I will have a baseline u/s, blood work, my HSG, then another cycle. That is when I will begin my meds.

ALSO, subject change, my varsity team has it's first game of the season tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited to watch the girls play!!!!

7 comments:

  1. wishing you the best!! you can do it, even with those nasty shots. you said 'embryo' so does that mean you have only one frosty left or are you just choosing to use only one this time around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going with a Single Embryo Transfer (SET)

    We love our twins, but I would love a singleton this time around :)

    Of course God can always pull His "almighty card" and split that embryo lol

    Or He can call that little one home :( praying for a successful transfer and a healthy thriving baby.

    My RE reccomended the transfer of one saying that he didn't think transferring 2 will really increase our odds of pregnancy, more likely just increase the odds of twins again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Can't wait to follow your journey. I'll just add...I never did any IM injections for my FET and I have a healthy baby girl :) Maybe there's a way around it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I would've.
      But it did make sense to me. This clinic has the highest success rates for women under 35, so I will just bare with it ;)

      Delete
  4. Amanda, how many did you transfer again?

    I only have 2 left, so if one doesn't look super great after the thaw I would consider transferring both... However they said that 95% survive the thaw at their clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop for taking one for the team! Definitely not missing those shots right now. Holy big needle batman. Luckily, the HUGE needle you use to draw it up can be switched out for a (slightly smaller) one to actually stick IN your booty ;)

    Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek!!!! I am putting my faith in the skill of my hubby lol

      Delete