My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Why blame God?

Why blame God when bad things happen? Especially if there is no belief in a God or a higher power?? Then when GOOD things happen, credit "luck" or like karma...

I understand being mad. Heck I understand being mad at God! I remember when I lost Adriel, I spent many hours, weeks, and months crying out to God, yelling at him. Asking WHY he let it happen, WHY he let me think everything would be fine with my baby at one ultrasound, only to find out he was dead at the next. At the time, there was no answer, just ache, raw ache... But somehow in the middle of that ache came a peace, a peace that passes all understanding. I was STILL mad, but I still knew that God loved me. I knew he was crying with me over Adriel's loss.

Philippians 4:6-8 (New International Version)

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

I prayed for peace... I just wanted peace. And he gave me that... Who else could've done that for me? certainly not luck or karma and certainly not myself.

The fact of the matter is that bad things happen to "good" people, they happen to "bad" people (who sets these standards anyway?) OH but the "bad" people, they don't really matter though, right? they are bad! They must've been asking for it.
Let me tell you about a standard that effects both the good and bad... GOD'S and guess what? He loves both "good" people and "bad" people. And being a "Christian" does NOT exempt you from heart ache- trust me! What it does promise is PEACE in those times of ache. God promises that he will be there for us when the bad things do happen.
An age old example: JOB! Read it if you have no idea what I am talking about.
Job was a man, a "good" man. Well mr. Satan comes along and decides he wants to mess with Job, Why? Well because he wants to prove to God that people wouldn't love him quite so much if things weren't always going well for those who love and follow him. God knew Job, he had confidence in him. He allowed Satan to cause Job heart ache because he knew Job was strong and faithful- he knew that Job would set a standard, that hundreds of years from now we still use!!! Wait... What?? Satan? Oh, that's right.. he's bad and loves to screw with people, but lets blame God still, never Satan!!
Long story short, Satan screws with Job. Poor Job has no idea why - no answers. He continues to trust God. Satan is mad, God wins! who saw that coming! God was so proud of Job he blessed him beyond belief. He was rewarded for his trust!

John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world

My heart breaks when I see dear friends and family members experiencing heart ache and loss. It's not fair. It's just not. And all I can do is pray, pray for peace and pray that soon their sorrow will be turned into joy

psalms 30:5
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

I guess it just frustrates me when people automatically blame God, Why not Satan? He is the master of lies! God allowed us free will, and with that came the fall of man (Adam and Eve) We don't live in a perfect world anymore- we have to wait for that (Heaven) Until then, bad things will happen. it's the nature of sin. There will be cancer, death, infertility, divorce... He is hurting with you, let him wraps his loving arms around you and bring you peace.

Remember it's okay to be mad, it's okay to not understand. Yell and scream, cry and grieve. May God bring people along side you to mourn with you... Remember that we live in a world of sin... some day Jesus will return and then there will be no more sorrow, no more heart ache!!! YAY!!!
I told you in the begining that I had no idea why God allowed my loss to happen. I still don't know, but I now wouldn't trade that experience for anything. Adriel was my baby, for even just a short time, he was mine. He brought me joy :) Someday I will get to hold him!!

Lord,
My heart aches for my loved ones who are hurting. Please show them your love. Please bring them peace. Take their hurting hearts into your big God hands and heal them. It's so hard to understand why these things happen. Horrible horrible things. We may never know why you allow them to happen, Lord. But we trust you now. We trust you with our very lives because we know that you are GOOD, and you only want good things for us. I love you Lord. Thank you that I can trust you.

Amen

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Melissa. No one knows why anything happens-but I do know that if I hadn't lost my baby in December, I wouldn't have birthed Alexandra. While I will always mourn the baby lost-I wouldn't have the gift that I have now if things worked out differently. My heart too breaks for people going through loss. It just isn't fair-but hopefully they gain peace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. It's such a sore subject. Especially bitter for those who don't have hope. It's so EASY to blame God, but it's also not fair. I just wish people would blame stupid Satan, or the just plain evil that is in our sinful world for a change, instead of the one being who wants to love us, grieve with us and give us that peace we so desire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a beautiful writer Melissa. I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Trials suck! I'm just happy that we aren't lost and alone when we have to face them, praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you 100% in theory, but unfortunately, emotions are just not that logical. I know it's not rational or fair when I get mad at God for not 'stepping in' and stopping evil, but do I get mad sometimes anyway? You bet. And I am thankful to know that anger is a part of any relationship... I work through anger at God like I work through anger at my husband or parents, you know? I think what is much more worrisome is when people fear their anger at God; telling themselves that it is wrong or sinful. Denying it in that way just keeps it alive and well under the surface. Just my 2 cents...

    ReplyDelete