My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

heart broken...

I don't even know where to begin.

I took a test last night 10 DPO. Brian and I stared at the test together in the bathroom as we watched the dye move across the result window. We saw a tiny shadow pop up, and then it got lighter and lighter. It was barely there but we both saw it. We held it up to the light and saw it. I allowed myself to get cautiously excited. When I went back to look at it later I didn't see the line anymore, and when I held up unused tests to the light I saw a vaguely similar shadow. My heart sunk and I prayed that this morning I would be pleasantly surprised with a darker line... Nothing. We were visiting family in WA for the weekend and it was the worst place to have to grieve.
I couldn't find anywhere to be alone. There were so many people there. My wonderful and loving mother in law held me in her arms and cried with me. My sweet sister in law also gave me words of encouragement and hugs... I felt loved, and blessed, but still so so hurt.
I felt so MANY things. Shame for my body failing again, embarrassment that I LET myself get briefly excited, fear for what would happen next, angry that God gave peace to Brian, my mom, and mother in law that THIS was the cycle. And angry that I felt God was leading my heart that way too. I felt betrayed. I felt deep loss and frustration.
My head started hurting and I think I got emotional whiplash :/ We called our RE to find out if we could talk tomorrow (when we get our blood test to confirm) about where to go next. ONLY to find out that my doctor is away until the 18th. *sigh*
The nurse will be there tomorrow and hopefully I will get my questions out there, and REALLY hopefully get some reassurance. I am planning on taking a short break. I don't want to move forward without my dr. As much as it sucks to wait, he is worth waiting for.
I never would've thought that building my family would be such hard work. I never knew how much faith it was going to require. I was NOT prepared for the fight it would take, and would take OUT of me, but I don't give up easy. Especially when it is a desire given to me from God. My body may suck, and lack cooperation, but my heart is stronger, my faith is stronger. Even when I do not understand for a second what is going on, or WHY, I KNOW without a doubt that God loves me. He created me this way for a reason, and gave me these desires for a reason. I am meant for this fight and I am meant to win. With God, I will.

6 comments:

  1. [[[hugs]] you are such an awesome woman and your faith is so inspiring! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melissa...I am so very sorry ((hugs))It's still pretty early...I know many women who don't get a positive test until 12 dpo. I'm hoping that this will be the same for you!

    I don't know what else to say, other than it just sucks to have to go through this. But I honestly believe that the timing will be right, all the stars will align, and you will create the perfect baby for you and Brian...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry! Keep your head up and know that God's plan and timing are always perfect. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE *HUGS* I love your faith & strength. You truly are an inspiration to me along my painful journey as well. I've felt what you're feeling & it sucks but I KNOW the Lord has a plan for you (& me)... to prosper us, not to harm us. Of course I know you know that as well. But know that you are not alone & I'm praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so so so sorry!! infertility totally sucks sometimes, there is no way around it. PLEASE do not be embarrassed or ashamed your body is not working like it's "supposed" to. God has created you exactly how He wanted to bring Himself glory--even your reproductive organs :)!! be proud of the woman He made you and keep pouring out the desires of your heart!! i have no doubt He will fashion your family in a way perfectly glorifying to Him. but right now...i know the pain & it is awful. praying for a renewed spirit!!

    ReplyDelete