So, last night around 6 pm i started leaking fluid. It was pink and quickly started turning bright red... Needless to say, it was horrifying...
I spent all night lying awake in complete terror. I wanted to go to the ER, but my RE told me that he thought it would be okay, and to come in in the morning.
I could NOT see how it was going to be okay with all that blood....
This morning we drove straight to the office and prayed for it to be okay.
Some how, the babies were still chugging away. Heart rates BOTH 179 bpm. Baby A was measuring 7 weeks 2 days ( I am 7 weeks 4 days) so ofcourse that freaked me out... But my doctor wasn't concerned... Baby B however was 7 weeks 5 days.
Beneath the babies was the source of the bleeding. Apparently one of the corners of one of the placentas is detached and pumping blood into my uterus.
It NEEDS to clot or the babies won't get their nourishment... SO I am on strict bedrest for a while...
Please pray that the babes stay strong and my bleeding gets under control. I am still pretty dang scared, but so happy to see that they are okay for now...
It was seriously the WORST day of my life... blech...
I will add pics later... as always, the babies looked perfect and cute as ever :)
Praying!
ReplyDeleteoh no melissa so very scary!! i am so sorry you had to go through that & SO very thankful the Lord protected your twins. praying that He continues to hold them in the palm of His hand & keeps them safely inside of mama 'til summer :).
ReplyDeleteOh my! How scary!!!! I'm thinking of you and your precious babies! I would be scared to death too, but try to remember that this type of complication usually resolves itself fairly quickly ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteSo scary!! Praying for you! Hoping it heals quickly and soon you are off bed rest with a huge weight off your shoulders. *hugs!*
ReplyDelete