My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Not what I expected.....

Brian and I were all giggles and full of excitement when we checked it....

When we were finally taken back we were told the news we hadn't prepared ourselves for.

"One survived, but the other didn't..."

I was completely shocked.... How??!! They looked so perfect before, perfect they said.

It happens 5% of the time.... Lucky me.

It felt like my miscarriage with Adriel all over again.

I immediately began sobbing. It just killed me.

They gave me a Valium which helped a little, but the searing pain left me feeling hopeless. They said the other embryo looked good to fair- a real confidence booster. It started as a 4aa and was now a 3AB. The RE assured me that with my history of carrying babies, if it is a healthy embryo we will get pregnant without a hitch, but if it has any anomalies it will arrest.

I'm having a hard time processing this information since just a few hours ago I was hoping for twins again.

I also know that this is God's will. I am shocked and saddened by it, but He is the creator of the universe. I do not question His plan.
For now I am grieving my lost one, and praying with everything inside that this little bud of life will continue to grow.

Please pray for us as we navigate through this transition. Pray that God will be glorified in any out come. That my heart will be content in HIM.

6 comments:

  1. melissa, i am saddened at this news but i am not giving up hope for you to parent a 4th baby. i am just not gonna do it!!! ...stomps foot... i'd say that since you have a 50/50 chance, accept that its possible and go with that. was ronan a single embryo transfer? if so, then you already know it can happen. don't give in to the despair; look forward to the blessing of a new baby. btw, one embryo can become twins so if God wills it, it will happen.

    will you be testing out the meds and trying to look for that BFP yourself in ten days or so or will you wait for your dr appt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Ronan was actually just an IUI baby with injectibles


      The twins were my first IVF attempt.

      Thanks for your sweet words and prayers!

      Delete
  2. I am so so sorry about the loss of your precious little embryo :(. praying for you & begging God tonight to protect the one now in it's mama & that you get to meet him/her in 9 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* I'm so sorry Melissa. I can feel the heartache and empathize so much with you.
    Praying hard for you and the precious embryo that was transferred. God has it all in His hands...even though it really hurts some times.

    ReplyDelete