My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby dedication tomorrow






>
This is a day I have looked forward to for years and years. I remember longing for a baby, and having to sit through the church services where mommy's and daddy's were dedicating their children, rejoicing over their blessings. I was happy for them, but aching inside because i didn't have my blessing yet, and worried I may never... Thankfully the Lord did bless us, and I am forever greatful.

Ronan Edward Holman will be dedicated tomorrow at 9:00 am at our home church. To us this isn't just some tradition that should be done, or is "cute" It's very deep, emotional and symbolic. Just as Hannah did in 1 Samuel with her long awaited gift from the Lord, so will I with Ronan. And that is why we chose this verse to be read at his dedication.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

27 I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. 28 Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.”

Even though the Lord has had Ronan in his hands since before I even saw his face, while he was still knitting him together in my womb, this is my opportunity to thank and praise God for this beautiful gift he is lending me, entrusting me to raise, teach, and show him His love while on Earth, and ultimately give back to him. I will always do my best to love and protect him, but his heavenly father knows his days, and into His hands he goes :) The safest place he could ever be.

Thank you Lord for this opportunity. Thank you for making my dreams come true when I never even deserved it. Thank you for lending me this beautiful boy. I promise to Love him the way you would. I promise to teach him your love. I promise to be the best mother I can be, by also being the best wife I can be. Thank you for my church. Thank you for all of the blessings you have allowed me. I truly Love you more than anything, anyone... You are my GOD! And I am in AWE of you... Praise you Heavenly FATHER!!!

Pictures to come later :)

6 comments:

  1. Awwwww! What a great day tomorrow is going to be! <3 Can't wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronan is such a gift...I'm so happy that you're a mama! I still have trouble believing that I'm one too! Hope you had an awesome dedication yesterday :) (Btw-it's Scubagirl80 from JM).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronan is such a gift...I'm so happy that you're a mama! I still have trouble believing that I'm one too! Hope you had an awesome dedication yesterday :) (Btw-it's Scubagirl80 from JM).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol thanks for telling me! I hadn't figured that out yet hehe i'm a huge dork. Sometimes i just don't put two and two together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful family!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww thank you so much :) You are the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete