True Woman | Beware the Husband Basher
I thought this article was SUCH a good reminder! I like to think that I am really good wife, and for the most part, I think if you asked my hubby he would say 'yes'... However I have noticed that lately I have been getting a little more negative with Brian. In public nothing has changed. I am very careful to always use my words to uplift my husband, and there is no reason to do other wise, he really is a wonderful husband, I am very blessed! In the privacy of our home though, I've started nagging a lot more! Where did it come from? After some quiet evaluation of my heart, the source is clear. I am letting satan creep his nasty little foot into my thoughts. I haven't been as diligent in my prayer life. I haven't been as focused in my Bible reading. I was getting comfortable. Ladies, if you find yourself getting comfortable- BEWARE! If we aren't moving towards God, or our relationships, we are moving further away. It's not possible to just float in the same place. We are either moving forward or drifting away. Sometimes it's not obvious until you see how far you've drifted.
Given, nothing life altering has happened, we still love eachother very much and no real damage has been made in our marriage, but if i continued neglecting this, the nagging turns into arguments, arguments turn into bitterness and resentment, resentment results in avoiding eachother, space, loneliness, an ache for love that you may look for else where... it just can so easily snowball and end in a destroyed relationship. Stay on top of your marriages ladies. What an easy way to keep in check too. Love on those hubbies of yours!!
I will start ;)
What I love about Brian,
Brian- I know you will eventually read this, so here it goes..
I love the way on your days off you take Ronan in the morning so I can sleep in.
I love when you write me love notes.
I love when you think about me at work and bring me home "prizes" haha
I love when you pray with me.
I love when you help me out with the chores, even without me asking!
I love how hard you work so that I can be home with our son.
I love when you show your affection by words or action, infront of others.
I love the way you are around my friends.
I love how strong you are when we face tragedy.
Brian, this list could go on forever. Forgive me if I take you for granted. I don't know any other woman more blessed than I , and it's because of YOU. God led me to the most amazing husband. Thank you for loving me!
No comments:
Post a Comment