My boys

My boys

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

CD11... This is not what I expected.

Well I am back... not taking the meds didn't do much help :( I had about 6 eggs. I think it was like two 16's, three 14's, and a 13.
He said that we could cancel by triggering and not doing the IUI or intercourse, but he still didn't like the thought of potentially 6 eggs floating around in me. We could try to switch to IVF (yeah right, $$) OR he could aspirate some of the follicles reducing the chance of multiple pregnancy. I had never heard of this option?? I did some research and definitely see the benefits. I wouldn't have to cancel, I would still have a shot with the 2 or 3 follicles he will leave in tact, however he did say it would be very uncomfortable for a few minutes. He gave me a prescription for some vicoden (I hope it helps) and I am set up to go in at 11:30 AM tomorrow for that, then I would trigger tomorrow evening and come in for the IUI wednesday morning.
*PHEW* that was a lot. I really was NOT planning on a cycle like this. I hope it all works out okay.


* Update. They called and left a message saying that my estrodiol went down to 343, which I can only assume is the result from cutting back my meds to one amp friday and NONE Saturday. I will find out for sure tomorrow. They told me also to take my meds tonight. I don't know if that meant one or two amps. Since my estrodiol was so low I just did one amp at noon and another at 7:00 pm. It won't matter either way since I am having the reduction tomorrow. I will let you all know how it went!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I'm glad you had another option, other than canceling. I always hate the thought of canceling cycles...but for me, it was usually because I didn't have enough follies. With Alex, they wanted to cancel because I only had two. Thank God we didn't!

    I have never heard of aspiration either. But, if you can make it through an HSG, you can make it through this! Take the Vicoden...it should take the edge off! Good luck...Can't wait to "stalk" your progress....

    ReplyDelete