After handing out halloween treats to all the cute little kids i began noticing that I hadn't felt my little Ronan move for quite awhile, which is NOT normal for him. He is VERY active. I had felt him shift a bit and press up against me, and dh could still heart his heart so i wasn't completely worried. I tried ALLLL the tricks that normally get him to go crazy, like drinking cold water, or orange juice. Laying on my side. Squishing him... He wasn't budging. We called the Dr. and they said to go ahead and come on in since it wasn't his normal- better safe than sorry.
We got there very quickly and they hooked me up to a monitor right away. They monitored him for about 30 minutes. OFCOURSE the minute that the monitors were placed around me Ronan started going bonkers :) that little stinker! Rolling and pushing all over the place. The nurse came in and said that everything looked very healthy. He had several accelerations. She did say however to watch for too many contractions. I guess while being monitored I had 2 big ones (which i felt, but figured were normal) and 1 small one (probably from all the stress)
Anyways, all turned out ok and I'm praising God for keeping my Ronan safe.
The lady next to us in the triage was hilarious to listen to. She had NO clue about... ANYTHING. She said she was in labor and was going to have her baby any minute, but the nurses kept trying to reassure her that she wasn't even 1 cm dialated and that she wasn't far enough along to deliver him. The lady was crazy and kept talking like he was coming out any minute, saying, "if I have him now will he be born at midnight, or 11:00pm due to day lights savings?
DH and I couldn't help but be slightly amused. those poor nurses.
So it was a bit scary, but all ended well. The nurse reassured us that we made the right choice. It's ALWAYS better safe than sorry. And even if he is still moving, but there is a decrease in his normal activity, it's important to find out WHY. So i didn't feel foolish for coming in. Nothing would've stopped me anyway. I will do everything in my power to keep my little man safe, even if I look foolish doing it.
Thank God he is fine. Just a little pistol ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment